Here is a meditation I recorded to help you feel more fully present in your body now. Click on the YouTube link below.
When did you experience an upset that you wish you had handled differently? Maybe your stressful response created ramifications that affected your relationships with work-mates, friends or loved ones.
Up-level your stress response and improve your relationships with the people who matter most – family, friends, co-workers and clients. Your natural state of well-being is already within you ready to access. When your response to stress comes from your natural state of inner well-being, you feel more grounded, less frazzled and less reactionary.
When you are plugged in to your inner well-being, the right words show up to clearly communicate your intention. When you are plugged in, you can access your wisdom for creative problem solving. When you get plugged in to your natural energy reservoir, you can align physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually for a greater sense of well-being.
Update your skills to live in well-being more often and create ripples of well-being that uplift the people around you too.
The holiday season can be a stressful time for relationships. Take advantage of my Holiday Stress Resilience Special. Regularly $200 per 2-hour session – Nov/Dec only $120. Call or text now to schedule your introductory session. 651-472-3995
Which of your gifts and talents are you ready to unwrap and explore:
Intuitive knowing? Inner healing? Angelic connection?
Are you curious about:
- How to hear the still, small voice of God Within more often so you can feel more passionate, purposeful and confident about your choices?
- How to access your innate well-being and inner healer so you can allow God’s healing to flow to you and through you to heal others?
- How to connect to your guardian angel so you feel extra comfort and protection when you feel stressed or afraid?
Unwrap Your Spiritual Gifts
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:00-9:00pm
Mastery in the Art of Living
at The Wellness Circle
7094 Lake Drive, Lino Lakes, MN 55014
Join this fun and informative workshop to access new ways of being and learn five tools to Unwrap Your Spiritual Gifts. You will:
- increase awareness of your body’s energetic vibrations to better manage your emotions and mental chatter;
- move your body and tone sacred sounds in harmony with your spirit to feel more peaceful;
- connect to your guardian angel in the sanctuary of your heart through guided meditation to feel protected;
- express your creative wisdom in written guided poetry to better know your wise higher self;
- discover what your inner wisdom is trying to tell you in your dreams.
You are a wise spiritual being living a physical experience. When you connect through your wise Soul self to God the Infinite, you access radiant gifts like self-love, compassion, and discernment. Your relationships grow stronger and more rewarding when you use your natural inner spiritual gifts.
Click on the link to register for the workshop. You can call or text me with questions. 651-472-3995
I’m Leah Skurdal, Spiritual Wellness Coach at Mastery in the Art of Living. I offer an inspirational look at living as a spiritual being having a physical experience. I combine research with stories of spiritual transformation to make challenging skills easy to integrate into daily living. In my book, Seeking Serenity: How to Find Your Inner Calm and Joy, I help people align body, emotions, mind and spirit to reduce stress, create more joyful relationships, and expand their intuitive wisdom.
Sometimes, too much family togetherness at the holidays can feel stressful.
Here are 3 tips to bring your best self to the Thanksgiving table.
First, set your intention to stay happy no matter what. Connect to your inner wellbeing that is not dependent on what other people say or do.
Second, shift into neutral and be curious. How did Uncle Bob come to that conclusion? Why is Mom stressing about the gravy? How can you respond to stressors with compassion and not contribute to the drama?
Third, you will probably digest your food better if you allow more love, light and joy to flow through you. How can you raise the vibration for everyone at the table through your joy?
Really, at the end of the day, all we can control is our own response.
To learn more about skills to manage your energy and vibration, email me and let’s set up a time to chat. [email protected]
I have been resisting my calling for years – decades – because it sounds too weird, too scary and like a lot of work. But this calling keeps knocking at my heart. Listen!
The calling in my heart tells me to grow an oak savanna. Not a physical grove of trees (although I love oak trees) but a spiritual oak savanna.
In every acorn lives the promise of an oak savanna. Some acorns will get eaten by squirrels. Some acorns will sprout, grow into seedlings and be eaten by deer. Some seedlings will grow into oak trees that get cut down to make oak cabinets and door frames.
But some oak trees will produce more acorns, some of which will turn into food and fuel, some of which will grow into oak trees that produce more acorns – until an entire oak savanna covers the terrain providing food, shelter, and shade for plants, bugs, animals and humans.
All that promise in each acorn!
Are you an acorn ready to grow an oak savanna?
I’m looking for a few nuts like me.
Starting in January 2019, I am launching an “oak savanna training academy” – a sisterhood of change-makers and spiritual pioneers.
You might be one of them if life seems to get in the way of living your higher purpose.
You feel a calling to make a difference in the world – and you would do it if you didn’t have so many obligations, so many demands on your time, so many people asking you to do more.
Really! You will get to that calling when you have less stress and can better manage the things in front of you. When things slow down. When there are fewer distractions. When you feel less stressed out all the time.
Sorry to tell you. That is called LIFE. If not now, then when? The world is at the 11th hour right now and we need your gifts and talents!
I’m creating the Oak Savanna Training Academy for you to respond to the stress of life with your Higher Self! So you can bring your best self to the table. And I’m creating a format that can fit into your busy day so you feel less stressed while you are on track having a blast living your life on purpose.
During the 12-week online program, you will receive tools to:
- Connect to your Higher Self during times of stress so you feel better faster
- Practice self-forgiveness so you can return to self love more quickly when you make a mistake
- Listen to another person’s Higher Self so you understand their motivation, release your judgment and improve your relationships
- Keep your heart open so you can respond to conflict with compassion and not add to the drama around you
- Hear the stillness under your mind chatter so you feel more inner peace
- Align with the Divine expressing through you and as you so you feel greater joy and passion in your life
Message me if you would like to learn more about the Oak Savanna Training Academy. I can’t wait to get started!
We live in a challenging world in challenging times. You may notice people around you falling into despair. Some days it might feel like enough of a challenge to keep your own head above water without trying to hold others up from sinking beneath the surface too. Maybe your office environment gets snarky when co-workers feel stressed. Maybe your family members act out when they feel angry, sad or unloved.
It takes focus and determination to stay on track creating a world where you want to live – a world where you feel loved and appreciated. A world where the people around you are stable and joyful too.
So, how do you keep yourself stable enough to be a light in the dark for others – without extinguishing your own light in the process?
Practice the art of Spiritual Pilates to strengthen your inner spiritual core muscles so you can intentionally create the life you love and desire – a life where you show up as your best self and others contribute to your well-being rather than drag you down. Consistently practicing the skills of Spiritual Pilates leads to new levels of self-mastery.
Self-mastery does not mean that you never make mistakes or need to re-calibrate your vibrations to get back on track toward achieving your goals and dreams. Self-mastery is about how quickly you get back to center once you have gotten off track.
You are invited to join the Spiritual Pilates online community to practice skills leading to self-mastery.
In Spiritual Pilates, you learn skills to manage your subtle energy vibrations so that you can:
- Get yourself out of a slump more quickly and feel better faster;
- Respond to the ups and downs of life without feeling flustered when things don’t go as planned;
- Improve the quality of your relationships and have more rewarding interactions with people;
- Feel energized enough to make dinner at the end of the day;
- Calm your mind chatter and stop making things worse for yourself;
- Experience more God in your daily life and feel blessed moment to moment;
- Shine your inner light more brightly so people around you can find their own path more easily.
The next session of Spiritual Pilates: On the Road to Self-Mastery begins November 13, 2018.
- The live online workshop meets four Tuesdays, 7–8:00pm CT, 8-9:00ET, 6-7:00MT, 5-6:00PT November 13, 20, 27, December 4
- Recordings available
- Live and recorded Q&A Weekly
- Meditations, homework
- Two live 10-minute mid-day energy resets weekly
- Closed Facebook group
In Spiritual Pilates we focus on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual energy vibrations and how to:
Week 1 – raise and sustain your physical energy vibration so you feel energized and not depleted;
Week 2 – work with emotional vibrations that stop you from moving forward so you can stay on track toward achieving your goals and desires;
Week 3 – assess whether your thoughts are in integrity with your intentions or keeping you stuck in old patterns of behavior;
Week 4 – align body, emotions, mind and spirit for optimal well-being so you are living your life on purpose and you feel fulfilled.
Check with your inner guidance to see if Spiritual Pilates resonates with you. Then, call or text me and let’s set up a time to chat about whether Spiritual Pilates is the next right step for you. Leah 651-472-3995.
With my 40th high school reunion looming ahead, (40?! Really?! How did that happen?!), another layer of my teenage angst is resurfacing for processing. (Really? Again? I thought I dealt with you already!)
A 40th reunion sounded old when I was 18. But, I don’t feel as old as a 40th reunion sounded then. I am experiencing PMZ— Post Menopausal Zest. I’m just getting started! We baby boomer women are the healthiest, wealthiest women the world has ever known. So let’s Rock It! Who’s in?!
To honor my 40th high school reunion, I am writing a letter to my 18-year-old self with some wisdom I have gleaned over the years. Maybe this resonates with your inner teenager. Maybe you have some wisdom to add.
Dear Teenage Self,
You turned out OK. There’s still the money, relationship, and health stuff to deal with, but that’s the stuff of life. You have the skills you need to manage life. You are wiser than you know and not as wise as you think.
In case you’re feeling a little anxious about whether you really do have the necessary skills to manage your life, please let me share a few insights that I have learned so far on this journey called life.
- Pay attention to your wise inner voice. Call it whatever you like — Intuition, Soul’s wisdom, God tapping you on the shoulder. The still, quiet voice under the yapping voice of ego-mind will guide you when life gets stormy.
- Balance the feminine and masculine energy within yourself first before trying to find that balance through a romantic relationship. Find a balance of receiving and giving, listening and expressing, resting and taking action. Sometimes it’s fun to get a little off-balance, but don’t create drama. Just get back in balance.
- You are good enough. You always have been good enough. You always will be good enough. The ego on the outside makes mistakes and misses the mark. That’s OK. You fell down learning to walk and you will fall down learning to navigate life. Just pick yourself up, forgive yourself and others, then, move on.
- Always remember, at the core of your being you are innately, infinitely good and worthy of love. Divinity — call it God, Spirit, Divine Spark — is inherent in every cell of your body. You are composed of atoms infused with divine substance. Your body is a holy temple of spirit.
- You are a wave in the ocean of God. Don’t confuse the wave with the entire ocean.
- Embrace your uniqueness. It’s OK to be different. Everyone in your class is unique and has their own gifts and talents. Explore and master your unique gifts and talents. You are here to share them with the world.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol or smoke weed. It makes you look and act stupid.
- Life is not all about you. Bless somebody’s life today.
- Life is a paradox. It IS all about you. Set your inner compass to your North Star. What do you want to create? What kind of world do you want to live in? What are you contributing to the world? If you get off track from your North Star, self correct and get back on track with your divine purpose — the reason you came to this life.
That’s it. That’s enough to get started.
Tap into your inner wisdom. You are wiser than you know.
Oh, and, call your parents. They love you and miss you. You never know when you’ll have to borrow a car.
Your Older, Wiser Self
The teenage kid slams the door as a gesture of power. The spouse/partner criticizes the dinner, car parking job, or the way the holiday lights were hung. The co-worker makes snarky comments. Siblings do not share in caregiving needs for the aging parent. No one in the house helps clean the dishes. And my client’s neck and shoulder muscles tighten trying to manage all the details of life.
Sound like anyone you know? Lol
I can help! Managing your significant relationships starts with managing yourself. When you set aside time for just you to regroup, you have more energy to handle the stuff of life. When you set aside time to listen to your own wisdom over the roar of daily living, you can hear what you need to do to get your own needs met.
What does the flight attendant say in case of a plane malfunction? “Put your own oxygen mask on first!” You’re no good to anyone else if you can’t breathe. When your resources are depleted and you are running on empty, you have less to give others. When you have replenished your reservoir, you have more energy to set boundaries for yourself. You have more energy to share your love with the significant people in your life. Because you do really love them and want the best for them as well as for yourself. You just don’t want to feel depleted all the time, right?
Learning the skills to listen to your own wisdom so you can know what your boundaries are takes practice. Developing a skill-set of ways to respond when someone pushes your buttons requires perseverance. But, you do have the mindset and the perseverance to learn and practice new skills long enough to get them in your muscle memory so they become second nature.
My 10-week online program, Spiritual Pilates, will give you the skills you need to respond from a higher part of your being when you are under stress. Spiritual Pilates will also provide the opportunity to practice the skills in daily living so you can integrate them into spiritual muscle memory. By participating in the Spiritual Pilates program, you get to reset your default from stress to inner calm and joy.
Plus, here’s the special deal for your significant relationship:
For the program beginning January 17, 2017 you can include another person for the same cost.
So you and your spouse/partner, kid, sibling or friend can
- get on the same page
- share skills
- remind each other of the skills to use when you forget
- have an accountability partner
- heal emotional wounds
- raise the quality of your relationship.
Disclaimer: This is not therapy or counseling.
However, Spiritual Pilates can be a great resource and toolkit to up-level your significant relationships – starting with your relationship with yourself.
Call or text me for the details. 651-472-3995.
What are your significant relationship challenges? Communication? Sharing chores? Feeling appreciated? Add your comments below.
Happy Fresh Start to the New Year!
My client’s intention, when checking in with her teenager, was to listen. However, what came out of her mouth sounded like criticism. She chose to take a time out after the resultant angry outburst before adding fuel to the fire but felt guilty about miscommunicating again.
Happily, I had already coached her on choosing her response wisely. She took a few minutes to center herself with some meditative breathing and BodySoul movement which helped her align body, emotions, mind and Spirit. She listened to her heart about what had made her push the criticism button. An awareness surfaced of an unresolved feeling about her own mother. As she opened her heart to heal the wound, the next insight gave her peace, comfort and understanding about her misinterpretation of the situation with her mother.
Resolving her feelings gave her confidence to re-approach her teenager with a loving and open heart. She remained emotionally present for her daughter which allowed each to communicate some hard-to-hear messages. They both listened respectfully to the other’s point of view. This exchange kept the door open for further communication.
My client was grateful for my coaching, and grateful that she had centered herself and stayed present while communicating with her teenager. When you align body, emotions, mind and Spirit, you show up differently in the world – and for the world.
If you are struggling to communicate with your teenager or if you have challenges finding your calm center when you get off track, I can help. Text me to set up a time for a free chat. 651-472-3995 I would love to hear how your journey is going and how I can be of service.